A Fun Night快樂的一晚-瘋狂英語口語突破對話第16課
來源:易賢網 閱讀:1389 次 日期:2017-04-25 09:49:26
溫馨提示:易賢網小編為您整理了“A Fun Night快樂的一晚-瘋狂英語口語突破對話第16課”,方便廣大網友查閱!

16、 A Fun Night快樂的一晚

A:Mr. Wilson, I’d like you to meet my wife, Joan.

威爾遜先生,讓我給您介紹我的太太瓊。

B:Very nice to meet you. This is a wonderful party.

很高興認識您。這個聚會好極了。

A:Nice to meet you. I’m glad you’re enjoying yourself.

有幸認識您。很高興您玩得開心。

B:Would you like something to drink?

要不要喝點什么?

A:Yes, I’ll have a glass of white wine. Thank you.

給我來一杯白葡萄酒吧。謝謝。

B:There are some snacks over here. Please try some.

這兒有些小吃。請嘗嘗。

A:Mmm. They’re delicious. What recipe did you use?

啊,真好吃。您怎么做的?

B:Well, it’s a secret! Too bad your wife couldn’t join us tonight. I understand she had to leave town on business.

這是秘密!您太太今晚不能來真是太遺憾了。我知道她要出差。

A:Yes, unfortunately.

是的,真太不巧了。

B:So that leaves only you to take care of your son?

這樣就只留下您照看兒子了。

B:We used to have a baby–sitter, but now he’s old enough to stay home alone.

我們以前有個保姆,但現在孩子大了,可以自己在家了。

A:How old is he?

他多大了?

B:Fourteen.

14歲。

A:Where does he go to school?

他在哪兒上學?

B:He’s at JFK High School.

在JFK中學。

A:What a coincidence. Our youngest goes to school there as well. She’ll graduate this spring.

真是太巧了。我們最小的女兒也在那上學。她今年春天畢業。

B:Does your daughter already know what she wants to do after graduation?

您女兒畢業后想干什么呢?

A:She’s thinking about going to Boston University.

她想去波士頓大學。

B:Oh, Boston is such a wonderful city for young people. As a matter of fact, I went there just last weekend.

噢,波士頓對年輕人來說真是個絕妙的城市。其實我上個周末剛去過那兒。

A:So did we. 我們也去了。

B:You’re kidding! What did you do there?

真的?你們去那兒做什么?

A:We just stopped for dinner on our way back from a skiing trip.

我們滑雪回來在那兒停留吃晚飯。

B:How nice! I used to go skiing all the time, but now I just don’t seem to find the time. Where did you say you went?

真棒!我過去常去滑雪,現在好像老沒時間。你說你們去哪兒來著?

A:To a small, cozy place in Vermont. You should join us some time.

去了佛蒙特州一個小巧安逸的地方。你有時間可以跟我們一塊去。

B:I’d love to.

好啊。

A:So tell us, how do you like life in New York?

你覺得紐約的生活怎么樣?

B:It’s quite an adjustment. My wife and son are adapting quite well, though.

很多東西需要適應。我太太和兒子都很能適應的。

A:And what about you?

那你呢?

B:Between you and me, I just can’t get used to city life.

這只在你我之間說,我對城市生活就是不習慣。

額外成就感

舞會英語

wine 葡萄酒;酒

* Would you like red or white wine?

你是喝紅酒還是白酒?

* I always like to take a bottle of wine as a gift when I’m invited to someone’s home for dinner.

我每次應邀請去別人家吃飯時,總愛帶瓶酒作禮物。

recipe 烹飪法

* You have to give me your recipe for these cucumber noodles.

你要告訴我怎么做黃瓜面條。

* Can you write down the recipe for this dish? It’s delicious.

你能把這道菜的做法寫下來嗎?太好吃了。

coincidence 巧合;一致

* I can’t believe you grew up in Beijing as well. What a coincidence!

我簡直不敢相信你也在北京長大。真是太巧了!

* We met each other by coincidence.

我們碰巧遇到了。

adapt 使適應

* It’s hard for me to get used to the city, but my son is adapting well.

我很難適應城市的生活,但是我的兒子倒適應得蠻快。

* Do you think it will be easy to adapt to life in America?

你認為我會很快適應美國的生活嗎?

更多信息請查看口語交際
由于各方面情況的不斷調整與變化,易賢網提供的所有考試信息和咨詢回復僅供參考,敬請考生以權威部門公布的正式信息和咨詢為準!

2026國考·省考課程試聽報名

  • 報班類型
  • 姓名
  • 手機號
  • 驗證碼
關于我們 | 聯系我們 | 人才招聘 | 網站聲明 | 網站幫助 | 非正式的簡要咨詢 | 簡要咨詢須知 | 新媒體/短視頻平臺 | 手機站點 | 投訴建議
工業和信息化部備案號:滇ICP備2023014141號-1 云南省教育廳備案號:云教ICP備0901021 滇公網安備53010202001879號 人力資源服務許可證:(云)人服證字(2023)第0102001523號
云南網警備案專用圖標
聯系電話:0871-65099533/13759567129 獲取招聘考試信息及咨詢關注公眾號:hfpxwx
咨詢QQ:1093837350(9:00—18:00)版權所有:易賢網
云南網警報警專用圖標
未满十八18勿进黄网站免费看